Friday, November 20, 2009

Cake Bars

My grandma made these often, they were one of my favorites of hers. Whenever I would go to her house I would go to the back door, that way I passed by the washer and dryer. On top of them was always something fresh baked, be it rolls, cookies or bars. Everyone new this secret, sometimes people came to the front door, but usually not.
Bars
Mix well
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c margarine
3 eggs  
Add
3/8 c milk
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Divide dough into two parts and add 1/2 c coconut to half  and add 1 1/2 squares melted baking chocolate to the other half. Layer choc mix then white coconut mix in 9x13 sprayed pan.
Bake at 350    30 min.
 Frosting
1 c sugar
4 Tbs milk
butter the size of an egg
cook 1 min, add 1/2 c chocolate chips, pour over bars,cool.
This is that beautiful classic frosting that sets thin, has a shine and a few little cracks. mmmmm 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...