Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thai Hot and Sweet Dipping Sauce


this is a canning recipe however, you could size it down and make a small batch and put in the the fridge
very easy!

1/2 cup finely chopped garlic
1 Tbs. salt
6 cups cider vinegar
6 c sugar
1/2 c hot pepper flakes

prepare canner, jars and lids

in a small bowl combine garlic and salt, set aside
bring vinegar to a boil, add sugar stir until dissolved. boil gently 5 min.
add garlic mix and pepper flakes, stir well, place in hot jars. boiling water bath 15 min.

YUM great with egg rolls or as a stir fry sauce.

1 comment:

free indeed said...

My brother loves THai....I wonder if he would like this? Do you grow your own garlic for this? I always think of canning as preserving OUR bounty; I think I need to rethink that...just having stuff on hand is beneficial in itself....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...