Thursday, November 12, 2009

Brownie's Spam Sandwiches!



                          The following is a copy of e-mail sent to me from my friend Barbara;

This should be a fun blog! 
 
Okay – So I’m going to give you a recipe.  Feel free to say “you’ve GOT to be KIDDING!”  It’s Spamwiches.  They are my sister and my indulgent, feel good, bring back the childhood, food.  In fact I’m going to my sister’s for Thanksgiving and she promised to have them ready.  They are good, they are not low calorie, nor low fat, etc.  and I really shouldn’t eat them as I’m supposed to be watching my cholesterol.
1 Can of Spam
1 hunk of Velveeta cheese (aprox the size of the can of spam, maybe a bit less)
4-5 hard boiled eggs
1 medium onion
Some mayonnaise
Sliced buns
 
I used a meat grinder; I think my sis uses a food processor.  When I used the meat grinder I did it in this order:  Spam, cheese, eggs and then onion.  I don’t know if it matters in a food processor.  Then mix it all together.  Add enough mayo to make it into a spread.  It makes quite a bit.
 
Spread mixture on the bun halves, place under the broiler until just browned. 
 
I’m salivating thinking of them!  ROFL!!
 
Barbara
Barbara sent me the photos, but I think the link to her blog would be much more interesting for you!! She has great photos and step by step instructions for this special treat, check it out!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

So Shannon, are YOU going to try them? Karen told me that she uses 6 eggs. I don't know if it matters all that much, we didn't really measure much.

I should also send you my grandma's recipe for cooked from scratch dressing for potato salad. It is a bit time consuming, but so worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...