Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chocolate Hazelnut Scones and Hazelnut Fluff


Scones:
2 1/2 c flour
1/3 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter, softened
1/4 c finely ground bittersweet chocolate
3/4 c chopped hazelnuts
3/4 c whipping cream
1 large egg
1 egg white, beaten
sanding sugar

Preheat oven to 350
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly, stir in chocolate and nuts.
In small bowl combine cream and egg, add to dry ingredients, stir until moistened.
Divide dough in half and form two 8 inch circles on baking sheets.
Cut dough into wedges, leaving circle in tact, do not separate.
Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar and more chocolate if you like. Bake 2- 22 minutes or until browned. Cool 10 min.


Fluff:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c finely grated semi sweet chocolate (or any other you like)
1/2 c finely chopped hazelnuts
Beat cream cheese and sugar, add chocolate and hazelnuts, cover and chill until serving.



4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I have been so busy with my own recipes that I haven't printed off anyone's for quite a while, but I am printing as I write. Both of these look fantastic. I would love some right now before I go to bed. Then I really would have SWEET dreams!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Ah, I've had my chocolate fix of the day. I'm in Oregon where hazelnuts abound. Your scones sound really delicious. I'm so glad I stopped by. I love your recipe. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pamela said...

I love scones and these look delicious. I'm also excited to try the Cider...I'm a diabetic and can't drink much of regular. This just looks like a fun blog and I can't wait to see it all.

Cortney said...

That fluff looks amazing! I think I will make that for our Christmas party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...