Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ranch Mac and Cheese



Years ago I cut this recipe out of a Taste of Home magazine and tucked it away. Just now did I finally try it.

I think it is great, I have to say I was hesitant about adding 2 pkgs of Ranch mix, so I added one, it was very good I am not sure if 2 would be better?? Maybe you try what you think you will like.

        1  c milk
        1/4  c butter
        2  (1oz) envelopes Ranch salad dressing mix
        1  tsp lemon pepper
        1/2  tsp garlic salt
        1  tsp garlic pepper- if you don't have just mix pepper with garlic powder
        1  c cubed Colby cheese
        1  c cubed Monterey Jack cheese
        1/2  c crushed saltines
        1  c sour cream
        1pound cooked and drained maccaroni
        grated Parmesan cheese
In a Dutch oven combine first 8 ingredients, Cook and stir over medium until cheese is melted and mixture begins to thicken.

Fold in sour cream. Add macaroni and crackers Cook until heated through. Serve with Parmesan.

2 comments:

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

This sounds good. My family likes anything with Ranch dressing mix in it. I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it. laurie

Prior said...

I love "Taste of Homes", never tried this, but I know I would like it by the ingredients. Yumm! When I see your good food, I always wished we lived closer. Lezlee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...