Thursday, June 17, 2010

Honey Creamed Pheasant



Clean and rinse 2 pheasants (or chickens).
 Cut into serving size pieces, Dredge in mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Heat 1/4 c oil and fry for 3 min on each side. Drain and place in  9X13 baking pan with 1/2 c butter cubed.



Cook at 325 for 40 min. In a small sauce pan bring to a simmer 1 c heavy
cream and 1 c honey. Pour over birds and let cook another 30 min, or until bird tests done and clear juices run when poked. (The size of the birds and pieces will effect cooking time)

Alternative breading choices. top gluten free bread crumbs, standard plain bread crumbs, Panko-Japanese bread crumbs.
Linking to Foody Friday! Be sure and check the side bar for a $25 Watkins giveaway.

6 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I have never heard of a bird being done this way. It sound delicious! I have pheasants in the freezer and I'm going to give this a try!
Yvonne

The Charm of Home said...

This sounds delicious!
Sherry

bj said...

This is an entirely new way to cook chicken or pheasant for me. Thanks for the recipe.

MJ said...

This does sound YUMMY! My hubby is diabetic so I would consider replacing the honey with some chopped mushrooms and garlic to make it more earthy than sweet so he could enjoy it too. Or make some with each so we can have the best of both worlds!

Unknown said...

I think this is a GREAT!!! recipe, I don't have any pheasants, but I don have some frozen chicken. This is a must try and can't wait to try this YUMMY!!! recipe.
I have become a follower, come by and visit.
Geri

Kitty Deschanel said...

I always wonder where people buy pheasant. Maybe it's just not an Albuquerque thing! I'm going to have to give this a try with chicken :)

LambAround’s latest post: A Flower Delivery MYSTERY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...