Saturday, June 12, 2010

Meatballs

Meatballs! Love them, love pasta!! One of my favorite meals is any pasta, lots of cheese.....not my husbands favorite though.
Start with 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey   this will serve 4-6 so adjust accordingly
Mix in 
1/4 to 1/2 tsp each (adjust spices to your liking, these are just approx amounts)
thyme
cumin
salt
pepper
garlic powder
basil
oregano
onion powder
Add 1/2 c panko, you can use bread crumbs or crushed saltine crackers. Since I discovered panko, Japanese bread crumbs, I have to say they have become one of my favorites!


This is a close up of panko breading. This photo is not of the meatballs! I think it is pheasant. ;0)




Mix together and form into balls, brown over med heat, stir in sauce, either home made or canned.
I like to throw in a little pepperoni  from time to time.
When meatballs are done and sauce is heated through, serve over cooked pasta, with grated cheese on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...