Monday, March 8, 2010

cream cheese squares


I have to admit, if I had come across this recipe on my own, it probably wouldn't have caught my eye. But I had heard friends raving about it so I thought I better try it. OH MY! I love them, super easy, super yummy!

2 (8oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls                  
2 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 c sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick melted butter
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350, grease 9x13 pan. Press one can crescent rolls into bottom of pan -sealing seams. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 c sugar and vanilla until creamy. Spread over rolls, unroll the other can of crescents and lay over cream cheese filling, do not press. Pour melted butter over top and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over. Bake for 25-30 min.  The original recipe says best served cold, I have to say I like them hot or room temp best but they aint bad cold either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this recipe Shan and it is called "Romegrot Bars" Guess someone thought they tasted like romegrot but I don't. Anyway they are very good and almost better after they have been in the refrigerator for a couple days! Super easy to make but very hard to stop eating! :)
(sparnt@nemont.net)

Karli said...

Oh my word! I may be making these tonight. They look fantastic!

Melissa L. said...

TDF!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...