Thursday, August 26, 2010

Brookies (chocolate chip cookie brownie bars)

These were in the Sept Oct 2010 issue of Paula Dean. She calls them by the longer name, I say make it easy.

1 c butter softened
1-1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs, divided
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips
1 (6.5 oz) box brownie mix  I used the family size because that is what I had and it worked fine, There wasn't as much cookie marbling as her picture showed but they tasted great.
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c water

Preheat oven to 350, line 13X9 pan with foil and spray foil. Leave a 2 inch overhang.

In large bowl beat butter and br sugar until fluffy, add 2 eggs and beat until well blended.
In med bowl combine flour, soda and salt, add to mixture, stir in choc chips.
Spread dough in bottom of sprayed foiled pan.
In another bowl mix brownie mix , water, oil and remaining 2 eggs until well blended, pour over cookie mix and swirl together with a knife.  Bake 40 minutes  let cool 1 hour, refrigerate 4 hours, cut into bars.
Stop over to Foodie Friday for more great recipes!

10 comments:

Julie said...

These look so delicious!! Love Paula's recipes.

Velva said...

if it's a Paula Deen recipe you know it's good. What a great treat! I would eat way too many of these at one sitting. Thanks for sharing.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I like the name Brookies better, so Brookies it is! Thanks for sharing the recipe - I'll be making these soon.

:)
ButterYum

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

They do look delicious - and I like the name too :)

Jacqueline said...

As Paula would say, "Oh you bad girl!" These look out of this world. I guess I will be making several naughty recipes this weekend. Printing as I type!

Smita Srivastava said...

Love the name ... looks so yummy !!!


- Smita
www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
( fun food ideas for picky eaters )

Amy Kinser said...

They look delicious and what a fun name. I see that you have done a lot of canning. I put up quite a bit this summer also. Going to be making peach butter after church.

Thanks for stopping by over at my place.

Kimberley's Front Porch said...

They look so delicious. I'll have to try them.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Wow, these look quite evil and dangerous!! Do you think it possible to only have one?? Wow, that seems like it would be hard to do!

Mimi said...

I don't think would last long at our house, they look pretty tasty.
Mimi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...