Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rustic Apple Tart

Place one pie crust onto a lightly sprayed baking sheet or a stone.
Peel and core 5 large apples, slice and toss with 2 Tbs lemon juice to avoid browning.
Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 c sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
dash of cloves

Place apple mix onto center of crust and fold up 1 1/2 inches of crust, pinching along the way, dot with butter.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 min, or until apples test done. Serve with whip cream or ice cream or try drizzling with caramel sauce.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for visiting my blog!
The silver set you bought is beautiful..sad that she sold it..

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, you have some great blogs! I have just had a lovely look at all 3.

This pie looks just delicious and quite simple to prepare too-good old fashioned rustic cooking at its best!

Thank you so much for visiting today-great to "meet" you.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Thanks for linking up to my blog roll!! Sorry it's taken me so long to stop by and say thanks. Busy busy!

Your tart is very tempting!! Yummy. I'm adding your blog to my RSS and also my mom totally loves to bake so I'm sending it to her as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...