Friday, October 29, 2010

Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

1/3 c shortening, I use butter or butter flavored Crisco
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 c milk

Topping
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c butter, melted

 Cream sugar and shortening, add egg. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed alternately with milk.
Fill sprayed muffin tins (about 10) 3/4 full. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cool 3 min. remove from pan and roll in melted butter then cinnamon sugar. Eat while warm!

Stop by Foodie Friday for more!!

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Oh my gosh Yum! I think I need to try these ASAP!

Natasha said...

Yummy! I love anything with cinnamon. These little treats look divine!

I actually posted about cinnamon shortbreads today...we both must have the holidays on our minds!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

These do look tasty. I've been on a cinnamon kick lately, so I'm going to try them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...