Thursday, November 1, 2012

Make Your Own Butter


Di you know you could make your own butter? I am sure you did, but you can without a churn and without a cow.
I was fortunate enough to have a cow...sort of. I bought milk from a friend and the cream resting on top became ....butter! go figure
All you need to do with your cream is place it in a quart jar. And shake, shake, shake.....




you can add a cork to help with agitation but it is not necessary.


I have seen videos that say it takes about 10 minutes, but no, both times I have made it, 20-25 minutes of shaking was more like it. I recommend having someone else on hand to pass it off to when your tired.
Kind of like that shake exerciser that works the muscles and helps you loose weight...yeah right!
 When your done, your butter will separate from the buttermilk, drain it and save the buttermilk for pancakes!!
butter and buttermilk





Yeah, that ought to work!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...